Tuesday 17 February 2015

Garr Maan Reh Jaaye - Last Episode

Let me just begin by...
THIS IS THE FINAL EPISODE?
WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THAT?
I FEEL SO UNPREPARED!!

*Breath Breath*
Ok - So Express totally sprung this on me. I thought it would take a few more episode to resolve this whole jalaibi of a mess, but after I started watching, I was pleasantly relieved at the pace and the tying up of loose ends. Without further ado, let's get this review started!

These two no-good-doers are up to no good. Asma sneaks namazi Ahsan into the house so Ahsan can convince Nissa of his 'love' for her.

Asma sleeping like Sleeping Beauty in her tower...


If I ever woke up to a face like this, I'd pee my pants. No joke. 

Uh-oh. Moment of truth...will Farukh beleive Nissa?
Waise aik minute - HOW DID FARUKH GET INTO THE HOUSE??

Oh hellllllz ya! Mard ka bacha hei tu chala goli Farukh!! #WishfulThinking

Ahsan calling Farukh 'Sir Ji' - lol

Wait - what?! Did I miss something? Farukh catches Ahsan and Nissa in a compromising situation, Farukh is on the precipice of washing his hands of Nissa - therefore making her 'available' to Ahsan (at least in his warped mind) - and Ahsan turns around and BLAMES Asma for everything??? Effectively handing Nissa back to Farukh in a silver platter and making everyone hate Asma more. Does this make any sense to anyone??



Poor Farukh. No wonder he's so stressed. One minute Nissa is trying to push him into accepting Asma, the next Nissa is accusing Asma of trying to get her raped. Sheesh. 

Again, Ahsan absolves himself of any wrong doing and blames Asma for deceiving him and goes crying home to his mommy.



And then the moment I've been waiting for arrives...Ghabra nei ki koi baath nahi hei because baby bilkul normal hei!

Once more Asma is seen running through the streets of Hyderabad.

Chotay mohallay ka yehi issue hei - everyone knows everyone else and people are always in your biznez. Of course Asma nei bhi koi kasar nahi chordi by screaming and shouting her accusations.
Hats off to Nissa, however. She stands and backs up her sister (you know the one that hates her guts and has been acting like a brat, trying to steal her man).

Farukh is like the terminator. Only cuter. 

Yeh uncle har jaga pohanch jatay hein....ab molvi nahi bulla rahay?

THIS scene. After all the havoc she's caused, even poor Amma knows Asma isn't lying. One must accept the superior acting of Hina Bayat in making you want to cry a little for the shame her son has brought to her and himself.

Asma is dead?! Nooo - wait, is that a french manicure Nissa is sporting? 
Helloooo a little attention to detail here! I can't even properly be shocked cos I'm so distracted by these white tips. For dirt poor Hyderabadis these girls sure do sport some badass manicures. #JustSayin #SeemsLegit

In case you wanted a better shot of Nissa hand modeling the white tips...


Ooooohhhh Ahsen...you better get ready to get your ass whooped!

I bet he could write Ahsan's biography. He's like always outside the dude's house. 

Complete déjà Vu. I'm glad it's as obvious to Ahsan as it is to us. 


More parallels...phenomenal job by GMRJ team. Beautifully brought the story around full circle. #Applause

When I was a kid it was Freddy Krueger. Now, I think I'll be scared of the dark thanks to this scary-as-crap scene. I didn't think he had it in him to do more than scream and scheme as Ahsan. But him going psycho behind bars is very very eerie.#MoreApplause

Gorgeous sunrise...unavoidable grammar mistake. 

Within a few months, our overachiever Daniya has become a teacher. 

Within a few months, our underachiever Nissa has become a nurse maid to her arch enemy and has completely alienated Farukh. 

Luckily, Daniya isn't going to stand for that crap. She won't let go until aba ka kia hua wada poora nahi ho jaayega!!


Yay! True love triumphs! 
Extra kudos for no long monologues or confessions or crying or falling into each others arms. Just ending on this picture was really poetic and closure enough.


So, my fellow watchers, we come to the end of Garr Maan Reh Jaaye. As I stated in the beginning, I wasn't quite prepared for this to be over and expected another 2 to 3 episodes for the situation to get resolved. However, I think within one episode the team did manage to do an exceptional job of getting people their due and ensuring some of the characters got their happy ending. I close this drama with a sense of satisfaction (unlike Mein Bushra last week - boooo).

The drama has it's ups and downs, but overall the performances are good and the drama doesn't drag (as much). If you have a good 27 hours to kill (an hour per episode average), I would recommend this drama.

Happy watching!

1 comment: