Thursday 24 March 2016

Tum Koun Piya - Episode 1


So finally, woh din aa he gaya jiss ka humein (what just me? Ok then, mujhe) itni shidatoon se intezaar tha...TUM KOUN PIYA FINALLY BEGAN AIRING!!

Ahem. Right. Now that that's out of my system...Let's talk drama. 

Tum Koun Piya has begun with all the cliches of a desi drama love story - the ghareeb but sughar and beautiful lardki, the khaali jaaib but izzatdaar lardkion ka baap, the unbelievably ameer and class defying lardka, the daulat ka garoor kar nei wala ikhlautay betay ka baap...I mean seriously. Nothing new here. 

There's also a separate story of Zarnaab and his chakkar with the khala ki beti and his all knowing chalaak maa jiss ke jeetay ji un dono ki shadi kabhi nahi hogi. 

Needless to say, these two families - Erma and Zarnaab's - are about to meet in ways yet to be seen.

With all this predictability, I guess the main question is, am I recommending or not recommending this drama? Hmmm...honestly, the first episode manages to keep my attention and I'm looking forward to watching more Ayeza...and of course, Imran Abbas isn't too hard on the eyes either. #FanGirl

I am happy to announce, however, that I haven't let my love of Ayeza blind me to any delicious bits in the drama. Here are the best parts I saved just to share with you all.

Erma and Ramish's first encounter...


Ghareeb baap that must've gotten Henry VIII's bed from the Queen of England for his service to the crown...


Yeh aankhoon ki ghustakian...Imran Abbas looks like he wants to kidnap and defile her, not make her the love of his life. And Ayeza Khan makes these weird glaring/sleep walking faces in return. #ActingFail #WheresTheLove

Depending on how the drama goes, I may or may not do a regular piece on it. But, as always, we'll be sure to keep you all posted on how we are feeling about the drama in our Drama Rating box (located on the right of the web page...not displayed on the mobile version, sorry).

Until next time - happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment