Wednesday 2 March 2016

Naraaz -- Outloud musings

Naraaz continues to be on our drama watch-list, but after the death of Fareeha, I keep asking myself, what is the point of this drama?

It's like someone decided to take it as a challenge and change the roti-dhoti, mazloom aurath storyline to the rota-dhota, mazloom mard story. How much more messed up can Azlan's life get? He loses his fortune, his property, his house. He finally gets a job and makes some money on an investment, only to lose his one true love. 

And now, for reasons that I must've snoozed though (ooops), he's giving his child to his best friend to raise. What?! WHY? What happened about Fareeha extracting a promise from Aisha on her deathbed? Why can't Fareeha's parents take care of Aazar? Azlan has come a long way, but he still hasn't understood that it doesn't matter what you can buy for a child, it's about loving the child. Honestly, Fareeha's death was in vain. 

You would expect he would go through the hard times and slowly reacquire everything he has lost. But yahaan tu sub kuch burra se maha burra hota ja raha hei. And even if he manages to rebuild his empire and bring Aazar back home, he can never get back Fareeha - so what's the point? 

Am I supposed to be looking forward to him getting his life back and then Aisha stepping in for Fareeha - because let me tell you now, I didn't like her when she secretly loved Azlan and Fareeha was alive and I don't like her now, even when Fareeha is dead. Poori dunya aik dhung kay rishtay ko ro rahi hei and here our drama makers continue to met out a 2:1 heroine to hero ratio. Like a guy doesn't care, yeh nahi tu dosari. #WTF

Anyway, I'll continue to watch Naraaz - for now. But one wrong step, and it'll be adios amigo from me! Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Have you watched the new drama Dillagi on ARY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. But I will catch up this week! :)

      Delete