Tuesday 7 July 2015

Muqadas

Randomly I had the pleasure of stumbling upon Muqadas currently airing on Hum TV...

Considering the awesome offerings Hum TV has been airing (Alvida ahem ahem), it's easy to forget that they have also managed to give us some good work like Kankar. Keeping this in mind, I decided to start watching Muqadas. 

I think the drama has aired 16 episodes, but I'm still catching up on YouTube so I'm on 11. I could give you a long report on what is going on, but honestly the whole appeal of this drama is watching it unfold one episode at a time and trying to figure out who fits where and why. After an overload of dramas with relationship issues, dosari shadi issues, beghairat usage of talaaq issues - watching a good old fashioned mystery is like a breath of fresh air.

So, no details, but basically the drama is about Muqadas, a middle class lass, that falls in love with and marries Atir, the sole heir of a billion rupee empire. On their wedding night, she is kidnapped and returned after a few days. The drama revolves around figuring out who kidnapped her and why and is complicated by a multitude of parallel story lines like of greed (example: Atir has a stepmom, stepbrother and step sister), and past associations (example: Atir's stepsister's husband used to stalk Muqadas in college). 

To all of you looking for something worth while to watch, I would totally recommend this drama. At 11 episodes I feel hooked and can't wait to see who's behind the kidnapping. Of course, Hum TV could still manage to screw it up by making it some lame excuse and giving us an even lamer culprit...in which event I will profusely apologize for recommending this drama. 

Until then - go ahead and give it a try and let me know what you think! :)

PS: The drama OST is worth a listen just on its own too!

3 comments:

  1. It was Atir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait what!? Have I been watching this drama all wrong... Cos I was pretty sure it was... You know... That other guy.

      Delete