Wednesday 11 November 2015

Preet Na Kariyo Koi - Reasons To Watch



10 reasons why I am watching Preet Na Kariyo Koi...

1 - Ahsan Khan playing something other than a love sick puppy. No googoo eyes at the heroine. No button down shirts/polo shirts with jeans and black shoes -- please see exhibit A. 


2 - Hira Salman playing a girl with spunk but not completely overboard. She's smart and she's expressive, but it's not just her dialogues. It's her expressions too. Bravo. She sure has come a long way, if you ask me. 


3 - A stellar, perfectly assembled and styled cast. This brings me to...


4 - Ilyas (played by Hassan Noman). This guy has stolen my heart. I want him to be my cousin. My BFF cousin. He's that fun, seedha, dependable, sincere dude that you know is going to get his heart of gold broken by Goshi, but there's nothing you can do to stop it. Let's just hope Goshi doesn't ask him to prove his love for her with his life. 


5 - The drama is beautifully shot. The background, the wardrobes, the angles. 

6 - The background score and OST - you will find yourself humming it to yourself. 

7 - The story. I know. It's a(nother) love story. But there's politics involved. A conservative and all-seeing father involved. A wildcard entry of Maryam involved. Ghunda-pun involved. Indirect dialogue that requires thought. And here's what is NOT involved: dosari biwi, Bushra Ansari, jhat shadi and pat talaaqain, Zahid Ahmed, Zahid Ahmed with aik secret and/or platonic aur aik not-secret and/or not-platonic biwi, Waseem Abbas, Faisal Qureshi, Faisal Qureshi with do (teen, chaar) biwian...I mean seriously. Hope springs eternal for this drama. 

Conclusion: I say, let's give our boy (Ahsan) a chance to redeem himself after so many flops and watch Preet Na Kariyo...or for my sake, just watch it for Ilyas. :)

9 comments:

  1. Hello N and Shamsi, sorry been AWOL for a while. Just been catching up on your blog. This drama has piqued my interest too, fed up of the sand old stuff being thrown at us from every other play lol.

    I watched a play called Dua (GeoTV). And it was one of those plays tailor-made for you to blog about lol.

    Tumhare Siwa can't get any worse. The less said about Zahid Ahmed plays the better. I call them the A-Z of the drama industry: adnan Siddiqui, Ahsan Khan, Zahid Ahmed. Bas, between them they cover 80% of Hum plays.

    Are you watching Gul e Rana? Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Watching Gul e Rana...Sajal is pretty and Feroz is whatever...so far, nothing to report lol. I'll keep you posted tho!

      Delete
  2. Oh, forgot to add, Ayeza Khan is back, shooting for her new drama Tum kaun piya, co-starring Imran Abbas, directed by Yasir Nawaz. Khabar yeh Hai ke it's based on a novel by the same name, a very depressing novel I believe. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I KNOW AYEZA KHAN IS BAAAACK!!!! Of course my enthusiasm is somewhat dampened by the director Yasir Nawaz (in my books he will forever be the Chup Raho director) *sigh* But maybe Ayeza and Imran will be pretty enough to carry the drama by sheer star power... My fingers shall remain crossed!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just came across your blog and I love it! Its so funny and soooopp true. Oh my god Pakistan really needs to make some good dramas. All are baqwas right now with the same old story line and masloom heroine. Can you recommend a drama that's good? Thanks and BTW are you watching tera mera rishta on geo TV and if so how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! At the moment, I highly recommend Preet Na Kariyo. I am also enjoying Gul-e-Rana and Tere Mere Beech... I have not watched Tera Mera Rishta - do you recommend it? Geo dramas (usually) tend to be very over the top so I tend to stay away!

      Delete
  4. Yes I'm watching those dramas and their pretty good although the promos of preet na kariyo koi were better than the drama in my opinion. And you're absolutely right geo dramas are over the top. Tera mehra rishta has a good story but that's it, nothing else. But I've seen promos of new shows coming on geo and they seem good. BTW have you heard about Maya ali and Hamza ali abbasi's Mann Mayal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Looking forward to that and the new Ayeza Khan drama!

      Delete
  5. Ahsan Khan though has really established himself as an actor because of his role in this drama and Udaari. I loved him portraying darker characters XD Also there is a dosari biwi in this hehe

    ReplyDelete